Thursday, October 17, 2013

Della Ann

 
I have had a hard time letting go of this pregnancy. 
I didn't feel too uncomfortable, I generally like to be pregnant.  And when it came down to inducement day on my due date, I didn't feel quite ready.  In fact, I don't think it was until the contractions got hard that I thought, I'm ready to meet this little girl. 
 
It took a little longer to get going, but once my water was
broke I went from a 4 to baby in less than an hour.
I went unmedicated again and loved it again. 
There is something sacred about birth and being able to
feel it all, full force, is one of the most amazing things I have ever felt.
I feel blessed that I was given the opportunity to experience it one more time.
 
 
At 5:11pm
Della Ann was born
6lbs. 15 oz.
20.5 inches long.
 

She was our tiniest baby, and I am loving how small she feels in my arms.

 For some reason we had a hard time keeping her body temperature where it needed to be.  In fact, the only time we got it there without the heat lamp was when Andy snuggled with her.
 
The kids came about an hour and a half after she was born.



They wanted to see every inch of her.


 Vera asked to see her big toe and Liesel exclaimed,
"Even her big toes are little Vera."




 
They each held her and decided our family was complete now with our little Della.
 

 
 We are a very happy family of 7!
 

 


1 comment:

Erin said...

What an amazing momma you are! Congrats again and can't wait to meet your new bundle of joy!