Sunday, February 1, 2009

Lip Smackin Good


Generally in my pregnancies (if three pregnancies can make something a general rule to go by) I have two seasons of famine and one season of plenty, this being the season of plenty (it is sandwiched in by the famine seasons). My time of plenty constitutes eating every fifteen to twenty minutes, typically preceded by me wondering "Didn't I just eat? How can I be hungry again?", making multiple treats a week ranging from cookies, brownies, scotcharoos to ice cream cake (I didn't realize I was doing this until Soren asked, for the third time that week, "Mom is it family home evening tonight?"), packing snacks for my kids when we go out and eating them all myself, and eating a pre dinner, dinner, after dinner, and late night snack (if 8:30 can count as late night that is).
Looking back at my eating habits I feel very thankful for those times of famine, because without them I would get stuck walking out the door, and the image of Soren and Ezra having to smear butter on my stomach and the door frame doesn't seem that appealing. But until the next famine, Eat On!

5 comments:

The Fifes said...

That is so funny!!! Especially about FHE. Wish i was at your house, those treats sound so yummy!

Lizzy said...

lol! Treats sound delicious :)

The Harrises said...

Unfortunately, I will make treats like that in a week when I'm not pregnant. Cute pictures of the boys.

Heidi said...

I hear ya!!!! Kairi asked me the other day "Mom, why when you have a baby does your bum get big?" Nice huh?! I told her "Because you have to build a foundation before you build a house!".... Happy Construction!!!!

Kohl said...

Wow! What an appetite! I am actually finding that I am not as hungry these days. I am hoping that means that I won't get too much bigger, but I'm sure the baby will! Which means I will too!