It all began when I was pregnant with Soren. One afternoon I cuddled up next to Andy when he turned the TV on to the Men's College Wrestling Championship Match. I found myself getting teary-eyed over victories, feeling anxious for the guy losing, and hoping the underdog would pin his competitor. So, when Andy suggested last weekend we go as a family to a Duke wrestling match I was thrilled to go. Here we are 3 matches later and I still find myself thoroughly enjoying this sport (and no, Andy, it is not the tight uniforms). Now true, I am pregnant again so maybe to test my true fan quality I need to attend sometime without a little bun in the oven.

The boys divided their time between running and jumping on the bleachers, collecting trash leftover from the Basketball game earlier (Ezra won with 3 water bottles, two popcorn buckets, three pepperonis--pulled form his mouth--and a pizza box), and actually watching the match. Soren loved yelling "Go Duke" and became very concerned when "blood time" was called.

Did I mention the matches began at 7pm, the boys' bedtime??? I don't blame Ezra for his tired, angry, sad expression.
4 comments:
Congratulations on being pregnant!! How did i miss that? When are you due?
Sounds like fun!
That's hilarious! Maybe the next time I'm pregnant I'll try out a wrestling match. Right not though...eh, not so much.
Ha ha ha that it too funny! It's like your the mom of boys or something!
Post a Comment