Saturday, September 20, 2008

Duke Basketball Campout

For the third September in a row Andy packed up his tent, a sleeping bag, pillow, and some snacks to camp out on campus for one sleep deprived weekend. With Grad Student ID card in pocket and a number tattooed on his hand he is ready to run at each whistles sound. And the whistles are blown all day and all night. And what would hundreds of professional students sacrifice sleep and ultimately their sanity for you might ask...Duke Men's Basketball tickets...they don't call them Cameron Crazies for nothing. You have to make every "check in" (signaled by a whistle) in order to be put in a drawing for a seasons worth of B-Ball tickets...

The boys and I visit him, but it would take a lot more than Basketball tickets to endure what they do each year...

3 comments:

Britney and Jaron said...

Wow! That is devotion! Your blog and your little family are so cute! I love blogs to be able to keep in touch! You can check out my blog at jbrimetime.blogspot.com. It is so good to hear from you and now you are a link on my blog so we can stay in touch! I am going out with Tamra this week so I will have to tell her about your blog! Also, you are so funny! Your blog is hilarious! Sorry I used the word "blog" a lot! :)

Ames Family said...

Boys=crazy

The Harrises said...

I still think they're insane!