Sunday, August 30, 2009

Spin a Story


I can remember sitting down as a family when I was younger and one person would start a story and slowly we would move around the circle adding to and creating a ridiculous story where a turtle always seemed to get hit by a car in the end. The other day I decided to try this "spin a story" game with my boys. This is what they came up with:


Ezra: Once a time there was a dog and a FOX. The Dog ate the FOX.

Soren: But the dog had to move because he was in the road and there was a car coming next to the dead fox. So he went down to the dirt and helped the diggers dig. And...

Ezra: FOX came and eat d-d-dog.

Soren: But he didn't eat the dog. A horse came and the dog jumped on his back and the horse galloped away.

Ezra: And a FOX ate the horse.

Soren: He only ate the horses legs, but the legs grew back.

Ezra: And a big FOX came,

Anna: How big?

Ezra: As the couch. And fox ate the horse.

Soren: That's the end.


And I was in tears with laughter!

2 comments:

John and Melanie said...

Oh I love boys. Some days I can't wait till Jonah can talk. You make 2 boys look like so much fun (and NO work at all!) Miss you--

Ames Family said...

Your boys are adorable....very creative I must say. Those poor poor animals though. Have I ever mentioned I love your pictures...I think a million times...but I can't say it enough.