Tuesday, November 2, 2010

4 Days of Halloween

Carving Pumpkins...


We started our Halloween festivities by carving pumpkins. Last year the boys both cried when we made them reach in to dig out the goop. This year they both enjoyed it and even laughed while scooping.


Liesel, on the other hand, made an "icky" face, drew back her hand, and threw her pumpkin on the floor causing it to crack almost in two. I still made her get the goop all over her hands a couple more times before I carved it out for her.

The finished product...
The boys are sitting next to theirs and Liesel's is the little one below Ezra's.


The next day the boys had a Halloween Parade at their preschool. They loved showing off their costumes with all their friends.


On Saturday we went to a Trunk or Treat.
This year I decided to do a family theme. I was "law enforcement" wearing three miscellaneous badges, and the kids and Andy were my band of outlaws I was chasing. These are the wanted posters I used on the car.




And here is the car, jail bars and all. We won "Best Family Theme" for the night.

Halloween we took the kids all costumed up to see some neighbors, who greatly appreciated seeing some of the only kids on the street. Then we passed out candy to trick or treaters.

Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Kohl said...

You are so creative with your family theme. I love that Ezra and Liam were the same thing this year. Wish we could have gotten a picture of them together! :)

Melanie said...

awesome!! I love it.

Shannon said...

All I need to see now is a photo of Anna in her law enforcement costume! Adorable idea. Love the posters.

Ryan and Megan said...

Look at your grown up kids, I can't believe it!

Love the costumes.