Thursday, May 15, 2008

On the Road Again...Again...Again...


Monday May 5th... Car packed, children buckled, snacks stowed but accessible... And we begin our 18 hour journey to Dallas for the summer!!!






Passing time... to pass time the boys read, ate, slept, chewed on blocks, looked for "big big trucks" and played peek a boo with mom. They both did surprisingly very well with only a couple of fussy moments at the end of very long days.








Monday evening we arrived in Auburn, AL to visit family. Soren had a ball with his cousins and we already miss all the fun that he had.








About 40 minutes out of Dallas we stopped at a rest area for diaper changes and bathroom breaks, and to kill time (we left our hotel earlier then expected and weren't supposed to meet the man we are subleasing from for a couple of hours). The rest area had a couple of nature trails and the boys sure loved to crawl/walk and explore a little bit...sure beats sitting in the car!

Happily we have arrived in Dallas with no missing limbs, a car that has not been dented, scratched, pooped, or thrown up in, and smiles still intact on everyone's faces!

3 comments:

GHB said...

Congrats on a fun and safe journey. You will LOVE Texas! Enjoy the summer! :)

Kohl said...

Glad you guys made it safe. It looks like you had a good journey and are enjoying your summer home! We love you guys!

Troy & Kristin said...

Ezra really REALLY looks like a Kohl. Sorry Andy, I guess I am biased because I did not grow up around Despains, so all I an pick out are the Kohl traits...ahh the beauty of human nature. I am glad you all arrived safely! I miss and love you all!